The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing a virtual workshop designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
• think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
• reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
• practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6.
• Budgeting Beyond Basics
• Buying or Leasing (Houses, Cars)
• Saving for Education
• Taxation in Canada, Filing Income Taxes
• Basic Investments
The financial challenges of living in a COVID19 Pandemic will be addressed and participants will be introduced to a web-based tool, addressing financial questions linked to life events and money decisions that Canadians make.
Please visit the Managing Your Money in Canada website for more details - www.mymic.ca
This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, Vice-President of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education, and hosted on the Zoom videoconferencing platform.