The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing two virtual workshops designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus. The workshop presentation will run from 12:45 - 2:15 am PT followed by a Question & Answer period from 2:15 - 2:45 pm PT.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
• think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
• reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
• practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6.
• Review of Canada's Financial System, Canadian Banking
• Stock markets in Canada
• Investing in Real Estate
• Wealth management tips and a review of Basic Investments
• Tax reduction strategies
The financial challenges of living in a COVID19 Pandemic will be addressed and participants will be introduced to a web-based tool, addressing financial questions linked to life events and money decisions that Canadians make.
Please visit the Managing Your Money in Canada website for more details - www.mymic.ca
This workshop will be presented by Kevin Maynard, Vice-President of the Canadian Foundation for Economic Education, and hosted on the Zoom videoconferencing platform.